The attraction that draws visitors to Tunica is the casino action. Some of the top casinos in the area include Fitz’s, Gold Strike, Horseshoe and the Hollywood Casino.
What can you expect from the best casinos in Tunica? Many of the top casinos have literally thousands of slot machines and video poker games. They may also have upwards of 40 table games and entire rooms set aside for live poker playing. Many of these casinos are also resort hotels, and they might provide amenities appropriate for a luxury accommodation; expect spa treatment, live event shows and massage therapy.
What about other Tunica attractions away from the casinos? If you are looking for a family friendly vacation then consider these possibilities.
- Outdoor activities include Arkabutla Lake with familiy activities such as sailing, hunting, hiking, walking, fishing, and kayaking.
- Tunica RiverPark - Tunica RiverPark feature a museum and nature trails along the Mississippi river. Perfect for family outings or a romantic sunset walk, the Tunica RiverPark allows you to interact up close with the River. The grounds at RiverPark alive with native wildlife and flora, and the RiverPark Overlook provides incredible views.
- Golfing at courses like Tunica National Golf and Tennis Club and River Bend Links.
- Tunica Rivergate Barbecue Festival - a branch of the world-famous barbecue in Memphis. This festival takes place in Spring and will provide you with some of the tastiest treats from the South. Enjoy live music, arts & crafts, BBQ and of course, crawfish! Crawfish Alley serves over 12,000 pounds of this local delicacy.
- The First weekend in October brings the Gospel Music Festival. This is also a great time to visit to get some local culture. The music performances are enhanced by more Southern cooking and games.
- Visit during the Tunica Air Races, which showcases vintage vessels and aerial acrobatics.
Tunica entertainment is also made up of a wide variety of individual shows, ranging from a Circle G Quarter Horse Show to a MMA Mixed Martial Arts events. Other past entertainment events have included a national shooting championship and a Brother in Law Team Roping show. And, you can find a variety of shows from music to magic at locations like the Tunica Arena and Exposition Center or in venues inside the casinos.
There is plenty of fun for the entire family in Tunica. You can also enjoy delicious restaurants on and around the strip, as well as take in a museum. Even if gambling is not for you, there is still plenty in Tunica to enjoy!